Setting goals this year looked a little different than in other years. Sometimes I am not sure what I want things to look like until closer to January 1, or even February, but this year I had some ideas in November and December. I jot them down in my notes on my phone until I set aside time to work through my new Powersheets. (If you haven’t already entered, head over to my Instagram at @shemakesherownadventure for a chance to win a set of Powersheets! )
If you read my post on my word of the year, you’ll know it’s “empty“. My vision for the year is to be so empty that the most holy thing can grow in me. The concept of “empty” will apply to a few different goals I have.
This year, I have only three goals. They are the following:
- Spend time in a place of margin
- Cultivate rhythms of renewal
- continue to learn with the purpose to connect and share
That’s it. Just those three. This is probably one of the shortest list of goals I’ve ever had but I’m really excited about them.
So, what do they look like practically? Great question. Take a look below and you will see some snippets of the Powersheets and how I laid out my goals more specifically.
GOAL #1 – SPEND TIME IN A PLACE OF MARGIN
– Margins in the space in my home -going through everything in my apartment to determine what I want to keep, donations, giving away things that no longer serve me
– Margins in my calendar – intentionally less travel, intentional time that’s planned ahead for rest
– Margins in my finances – Un-enrolling from all sales subscriptions via email, A 90 Day Contentment Challenge (no spending for 90 days unless it’s a need or a gift)
– Margins in my mental space – social media off (1 hour per day, 1 day a week, and 1 month a year without social), follow those who add value, screen times on my phone set up
– Give to others what has been impactful in my life – ways to make margin in theirs
GOAL #2 – CULTIVATE RHYTHMS OF RENEWAL
– Establish routines and rhythms to get out and explore and savor life – Visiting parks, FL bucket list, planned days of a few hour or a day of adventure,
– Developing a better routine for honoring my body – Nightly skincare, cycling classes 4x / month, closing my rings on my watch 5x per week, drinking a gallon of water a day
– Routines for reflection – Planned weekly Sabbath, quarterly days for rest and reflection, intentional days off for unwinding, quiet time every morning
– Weekly reflection – spending time once a week looking at various areas of how the week went and making adjustments for the following week
GOAL #3 – CONTINUE TO LEARN WITH THE PURPOSE TO CONNECT AND SHARE
– Blog 2x / week – theme focused
– Leadership course 2.0 finished
– Book Challenge – Focus on reading things I have, rereading a few books, and using the local library more!
– Continue to look for connections between pieces of content and conversations
– Learn something new every day and write it down for reference later
That’s all. Those are my three goals and small areas within each that I plan to focus on. There’s more specifics that will happen on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis but those are the basics. I’m excited for you to join me as I share more with you on my goals, the tools I use to create them, and how I plan to incorporate my word “empty” into what I share with you this year!