Lancaster County is one of my favorite places to be because it has SO MUCH to do. When living in PA, each weekend I would end up exploring new places. The suggestions below include some of my favorite places or things to eat and my favorite parks and trails.
ONE: A PIZZA PICNIC IN THE PARK
- Call ahead and order my favorite pizza in Lititz – Roma pizza. Any toppings you’d like – just make sure to get Roma. If you’re extra hungry, get a cheeseburger sub too. HEAVENLY.
- Walk or drive down to Lititz Springs Park. Grab a picnic table and some friends and have your own Pizza Picnic in the park! Don’t forget napkins and cups!
TWO: A SMALL TOWN AFTERNOON
- Spend some time browsing the stores in downtown Lititz
- Go on a hike at Speedwell Forge! Here’s a map of a 3 mile moderate hike.
- Dinner at place near Lititz like Rooster Street (more casual) or Per Diem (a bit more upscale).
THREE: FARMERS MARKET & ARCADES
- If it’s a Tuesday, head to Roots Farmer’s Market. Lunchtime tends to be busiest, but it’s worth it. The subs from Raub’s are great, as are the fries from Fink’s and the whoopie pies from basically any stand.
- After lunch, head into downtown Manheim to the Prussian Street Arcade which has stalls for different vendors the coolest items and then pop in next door to Mill 72 and grab a snack or coffee (or more food if you’re still reaction).
FOUR: BAGELS & BIKE RIDES
- Head to downtown Lititz and grab coffee and a bagel from Dosie Dough. If you’re not into bagels or coffee, they also have great chai and long johns!
- Drive over to the parking lot for the Lititz to Ephrata Rail Trail and either bring your bike or rent one. The total length is 7.1 miles it’s a great way to get some exercise in and see the Lancaster farm country! If you would prefer not to bike, you can always walk or run on the trail.
FIVE: A LITITZ SPRINGS AFTERNOON
- Head into downtown Lititz to grab yourself a bite to eat. Check out the Market at the Wilbur and grab a coffee, or pasta, or a pastry.
- Walk through Lititz Springs Park that’s right next door. If you have kiddos, stop and feed the ducks! If you want some quiet time, bring a book and hang out at a picnic table and read or journal. If want a little more exercise, go for a stroll around the park and up by the high school.
I hope you take an upcoming afternoon and get out and explore some of the places in Lititz and Manheim. If you have other suggestions on things to do in the area, leave a comment!