Happy Fall Friends! The character Anne of Green Gables said it best,
“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
I haven’t done one of these in a while, so why not do one in my FAVORITE month of all time? Below you’ll find my October favorites: things, places, and ideas.
- Seasons of God Book – Absolutely in my top 3 books I’ve read in 2020.
- Powersheets – Intentional goal setting planner that I’ve done for 5 years. Will never NOT buy this as long as they sell them.
- Buffalo Wall Art – I have one of these in my office and one in the hallway.
- Adventure Sign – This is the wooden sign you see on my green office wall. It’s INCREDIBLE and probably my favorite thing in the room.
- Record Player – I’ve wanted a record player since April of 2018 when I stayed in an Airstream in Colorado that had one in it. I worked on blogs and listened to records for hours and it was a dream. FINALLY bought one for under $50.
- Records – Have record player. Need records. I got a few at antique stores for under $5 each but the most current ones that I’m loving at these: Ellie Holcomb, Chris Stapleton, Need to Breathe, and Kacey Musgraves.
- Columbia Windbreaker Jacket – I found my way at Cabelas in late summer and found this windbreaker and I live in it.
- Cordless Vacuum – I hate cleaning. I bought a vacuum. That should be a hint that it’s worth it.
- Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway – Fall + Trains + Historic Town + 2 Hours from Lancaster = SOLD
- Tollbooth Antiques – I will make a blog on my favorite antique places around PA but this is one of my favorites. It’s where I got both my lockers and my live edge wood for my desk!
- Heidi’s House – The most aesthetically pleasing store I’ve entered in MONTHS. It’s beautiful, the items are just my style, and the people are warm and welcoming. It’s a hike from Lancaster but WORTH IT.
- Middle Creek – This will also never not be on the list. Sorry, not sorry.
- Copper Cup Coffee – Great stop before you go to Middle Creek. Their breakfast biscuits are YES and all the coffee is also double YES. Also check the bottom of your cup when you go. Sometimes there’s a fun surprise. 😉
- “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” – George Bernard Shaw.
- “Your life is worth taking time to think about.” – Rick Warren
- “Good.” – Jocko Willink
- “Keep me in the moment. I don’t want to miss what you have for me”.
- “If you make your bed every morning, you will have accomplished the first task of the day. It will give you a small sense of pride and it will encourage you to do another task and another and another. By the end of the day, that one task completed will have turned into many tasks completed. Making your bed will also reinforce the fact that little things in life matter. If you can’t do the little things right, you will never do the big things right. And, if by chance you have a miserable day, you will come home to a bed that is made—that you made—and a made bed gives you encouragement that tomorrow will be better. If you want to change the world, start off by making your bed.” – Admiral William McRaven
- “Keep Me in the Moment” from Jeremy Camp –
Singing oh Lord, keep me in the moment,
Help me live with my eyes wide open,
‘Cause I don’t wanna miss what you have for me