Growing up only two or so hours from the Poconos, I’ve been to the mountains a few times. I compiled some of my favorite spots below to check out!
- Old Jail Museum – Haunted tours available.
- Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway – I haven’t had a chance to go on this but it’s absolutley on my list.
- Muggles Mug – Harry Potter Themed Coffee Shop – The most creative little coffee shop.
- Stone Row Houses – Old stone homes with great painted doors and shutters.
- Bushkill Falls – Beautiful falls and great hiking!
- Hickory Run State Park – Hiking across a huge rock field.
- Delaware Water Gap Recreation Area – Hiking, biking, many outdoor options!
- Ziplining – This was my second time zip lining and it was wonderful – you go from the top of the mountain to the resort below. It’s a thrill.
- Mountain Rollercoaster – I rode this 3 times in a row since there weren’t that many people there. It’s on the same mountain shown below.
- Kartrite’s Restaurant – We ate here for dinner and the food was incredible but the views were even better. See if you can get a spot close to the windows!
- Barley Creek Brewery – This isn’t part of the resort but it’s not far. They had great food and great beer.
I hope you enjoy your time in these beautiful PA mountains! When you visit any of the above mentioned places, please share in the comments your thoughts and what other recommendations you have! Happy travels!